[LMB] Hallowed Hunt Comments

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Thu Dec 1 16:43:49 GMT 2005

At 02:36 AM 12/1/2005, Dan Tilque wrote:

>Again, this is not something the average person knows. We learn
>about it because we have a view from Ingrey's PoV and he can hear
>the gods courtesy of his wolf.
>
>BTW, does anyone else think it a bit odd that an animal spirit
>helps one hear the gods, yet prevents one from entering into the
>gods' post-life? Seems like a bit of contradiction there.

I wasn't so convinced that his wolf was the reason he could hear the
gods.  Others don't need a spirit to hear the gods speak to them, and
others with spirit animals don't hear the gods.  Ingrey was the tool
chosen by the Son of Autumn to right a vast wrong (separation of
thousands from the gods), just as elsewhen, Cazaril and Ista were
chosen by the gods to right serious wrongs.  Although we don't know
exactly, the Daughter's comment to Caz about how many were set on the
same path that he had taken might also be true in the case Ingrey was
finally able to handle.  We don't know how many others were given a
chance to right that wrong, and failed somehow.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net