[LMB] Re: OT: Calling all librarians

Erin horsybird at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 04:59:59 GMT 2005

>>as to stickers on the book spine - they help a lot, but there's a big
>>difference between walking up & down every 'fiction' shelf vs. looking at
>>(hopefully) three or (more likely) two or one category shelf.

Yes, yes!  Exactly.  My library had about ONE shelf of fantasy/sci-fi, but
now it's scattered across nearly half of the library's entire area, because
"Fiction" is so broad.  It might be different if they had more of it, but
with one shelf's worth of books seeded among an area half the size of the
entire building, the odds on your running across something you're interested
in becomes pretty darn slim.  (Especially given the erratic labeling, where
stickers were seemingly handed out at random to the first twenty books in
the category, then discarded...)