[LMB] Narnia Read-Alikes OT:

MegJ megj at nwlink.com
Tue Dec 13 19:16:36 GMT 2005

> Kirsten:
> > What books would you recommend to a child or teenager
> > who has seen the movie or read the book, "The Lion the
> > Witch and the Wardrobe?"

Speaking as probably the only librarian out there who hasn't read the the
books, well...

Did see the movie yesterday, with a friend who really wanted to and doesn't
like to go to the movies alone, and I can't say I was terribly impressed.
The CGI was very good, the kids were cute, but the story struck me as
watered-down LotR with a nice moral whap on the head added in for good
measure.  I'm sure the book must have been much better -- it would have to
be, to stay a classic all these years.  Not that the movie made me want to
read it or anything.

Megaera
dodging nimbly