[LMB] AKICOTL: double-dactyl

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Wed Dec 14 03:18:59 GMT 2005

At 04:42 PM 12/13/2005, Richard Suitor wrote:
>On 12/13/05, Becca Price <becca_price at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > oh! does anyone know the double-dactyl that begins:
> >
> > HIggledy piggledy
> > Emily Dickenson
> > Didn't think spinsterhood
> > much of a curse...
> >
> > I can't remember the last part, except the rhyme was 'verse'
>
>Not what you requested (AFAIK), but -
>
>Evenings she spent with pen,
>Candle, and foolscap sub-
>liming incipient
>Passion in verse.

One of the rules of the double dactyl is that either the fifth or the
sixth line must be a single word.

I had a trivia question elsewhere which I answered with an imperfect
double dactyl.  The question was, "Who was Randel Striboneen, and
what was his connection with "On the Town"?

Higgledy Piggledy,
Leonard (n) Bernstein did
Sing a bit part in a show
He composed.

Anagramatically,
Pseudonymically,
'Twas "On the Town", and
his role was exposed.

Unfortunately, one of the first rules of the DD was violated by the
subject, as his name does not in itself constitute a double dactyl.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net