[LMB] [OT:] piece of trivia about Narnia film

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:50:39 GMT 2005

On 14/12/05, Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
[snip]
> The Narnia films will have two less problems than the Harry Potter films:
> 1.  All the books are written already.  The author is not going to spring any
> interesting, unpalatable nor unfilmable surprises on the studio.

Not "unfilmable" with today's technology, anyway, for which good ol'
Harry and his pals from Middle-Earth have to take afair bit of credit
:-)

> 2.  Carefully composed to avoid spoilers:  Not all the children are in all the books,
> so if there is an 18-month filming gap in a story that takes place only one year
> later, it won't amount to kids being three years too old by the end of the series
> as is likely for the Potter films.  The one tricky one will be Eustace, who is a
> major character in #3, #4 and #7.  Should they shoot #7 before #5 and #6,
> which are non-sequential anyway?  Or just make #7 take place when Eustace
> is a later teenager anyway? It might play just as well that way.

Don't forget that the four Pevensies turn up at the end of #7, as
indeed does the old Professor.

With the aid of Clusty, I came up with this:
http://www.thenarniafansite.com/narnianhistory.php

LWW is in 1940, our time, LB in 1949. So the four Pevensies should
theoretically have aged 9 years by the last film.

HTH HAND
--
Phil