[LMB] Re: Morris-ing about with Dunsany

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Tue Dec 20 02:00:56 GMT 2005

*Kirsten Edwards* carbonelle at juno.com
<mailto:lois-bujold%40lists.herald.co.uk?Subject=%5BLMB%5D%20Re%3A%20Morris-ing%20about&In-Reply-To=>
/Tue Dec 20 01:29:19 GMT 2005/

LMB was wondering whether or not to indulge
in **just one more Morris** or if the she
mightn't be surfeited on the stuff.

How 'bout some Dunsany to clear the palate?

<g,d,r>

Kirsten

Heh.

I read up the available Lord Dunsany a couple of months ago.
"Available" being defined as what my friend Pat has on her stuffed
shelves, to wit, _The Charwoman's Shadow_, _The King of Elfland's
Daughter_, _Don Rodriguez, or Chronicles of Shadow Valley_, and a book
of short stuff, all from the Lin Carter reprint days.  (As are the
Morris books I'm currently enjoying.)  I especially liked _Rodriguez_, a
lovely blending of Don Quixote and D'Artangnan.  All recommended.  I
love his sly humor.

I would say I'm running my historical survey of modern fantasy backward,
except it's more of a random or drunkard's walk.

    Ta, L.