[LMB] Re: Time is Fleeting / Madness Takes it's Toll

Peter H. Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Tue Dec 20 04:20:10 GMT 2005

I have found what is running through my own head these days is "A One
Horse Open Sleigh", which is what James Pierpont wrote in 1850 or so,
and which, much modified, is now known by everyone as "Jingle
Bells".  The tune of the verse is quite similar, but the tune of the
chorus was completely different, even given that it did use the same words.

If you don't know what it sounds like, Perfesser Bill Edwards has it
on his Web site (although he segues into "Jingle Bells" after two verses).

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net