[LMB] (news) Taiwanese sale of Chalion books

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:30:24 GMT 2005

To my intense bemusement, I've signed the contract today for _The Curse
of Chalion_ and _Paladin of Souls_ to a publishing company in Taiwan
called Muse Publishing House.   These are for translation rights
worldwide *except* mainland China (they do seem to include Hong Kong and
Macau), "Chinese printed in complex characters", whatever that means.
I'm sure there's a listee who can provide enlightenment.  I'm always
rather fascinated, on contracts with China, by the very official, very
traditional red chops that appear with the signatures on the signature
pages.

No, I don't know when this trade paperback may be expected to be
released.  I generally only find out about publication when the author's
copies wend my way, which they don't always do.

Ta, L.