[LMB] (news) Taiwanese sale of Chalion books

Luis Felipe Morales Knight morales.knight at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 19:15:41 GMT 2005

"Complex characters" probably means "traditional characters" (as opposed to
the "simplified characters" promulgated by the mainland Communist government
-- back when I was a wee undergrad in first-year Chinese [studying
traditional characters], my Chinese roommate made me laugh by referring to
simplified characters as "Commie writing"; his parents had immigrated from
China not long after the Revolution).

Luis, parenthetically