[LMB] OT: Historicals vs fantasy

M. Traber mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 01:54:34 -0500

Paula Lieberman wrote:

> Manitou Springs in Colorado.  It really truly has them.  Don't use compass
> for navigating there.  Even the aviation maps note it.

I dont argue that there *are* areas of the world with real
electromagnetic twitches, they just are NOT ley lines. FWIW, any
deposite of magnetite will throw things off in the area,
compasswise. Heck, high tension power lines are a bugger to
regular compasses. Even magnetic north shifts about a bit, IIRC
it has shifted .03 seconds over the past 20 years or so.

sorry, FWIW, I am also a reiki practitioner, despite not being
able to see auras, read rocks or bodies. I will admit that my
hands do seem to heat up, and people seem to feel better after a
treatment but I cant sense energy flow to save my life. Real
magic or placebo effect - doesnt matter one way or tother to me.
<classes were a christmas present so I took them.> If there is
energy manipulation going on, it cant be detected with any
aparatus people have which is why reiki is on quackwatch. I have
seen what I consider to be a ghost, my imaginary playmate when I
was 3-4 years old was my great grandfather despite he had been
dead for about 30 years, and the only extant picture of him was
over 1000 miles away in a state I had never been in. That house
he build had a habit of the sound of footsteps going from his
bathroom to his dressing room to his office [the entire attic
floor was his private dressing room, bathroom and office]
complete with the sounds of doors opening and closing. At least
18 people I can count including my parents and brother, the Wolff
family and their tenant who is a catholic nun have percieved
this. I have even seen a UFO [ok, it was a meteorite I am pretty
certain, but I never bothered to see exactly what it was...so it
is a no sh*t UNIDENTIFIED flying object] but I dont believe in
Area 51...but I *don't* believe in ley lines because I have read
the original blasted book where the man called the roads between
settlements ley lines and explained that they were the surveyed
direct routes between settlements and not one single word about
spooky energy lines...and AFAIK, the only hereditary pagans
happen to be Icelandic where christianity wasnt mandated by law,
one of whom I also happen to know.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country," when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
But Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool - you bet that Tommy sees!
Rudyard Kipling