[LMB] Re: Speculation on hermaphrodite sex chromosomes

Ray RayLists at quixnet.net
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:39:39 -0500

Giving them two X chromosomes would make the X chromosomes just like any
other chromosome pair in the body.  Besides, it's not the women (XX)
that have problems with hidden recessives.  It's the men who end up with
color blindness, hemophilia, and the like.

Besides besides... there *are* no defective chromosomes in Betans.  I
expect that the herms were formulated without defective genes, and that
Beta Colony's aggressive eugenics program has kept things like
hemophilia out of the genome.

Ray Drouillard