[LMB] Chalion map (was: Tudors and Aragon)

Lois McMaster Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:19:01 -0600

  [LMB] Chalion map (was: Tudors and Aragon (was Gender

*Susan Fox-Davis * selene at earthlink.net
/Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:47:05 -0800/
-------------------------

/
/>/http://hem.bredband.net/b104699/books/chalion.htm
/
>  /// Bo Johansson
/

V. nice, Bo!  How about a map for THE HALLOWED HUNT?  I have read the
ARC twice now and dearly wished for a map.  Paw Foxti is reading it now,
I can't wait to have someone to babble with!

Susan Fox-Davis / Ma Foxti

In that case, don't overlook the Spoilers space

which seems on the whole rather quiet.  But then, it's all on-topic.

I didn't make a map of the Weald, but if you perform the same
transmutations on a map of Germany as was done for the Iberian
peninsula, you'll have the broad outline.  Rivers running south across
coastal plains to the (North Sea equivalent) from alpine regions that
lie between the Weald and the northern coast. (Beyond which lies the
Roknari islands.)   Darthaca (France) to the Weald's east, early pagan
Poland/Lithuania equivalencies to the west.  The parallels are loose,
not precise, so don't get too carried away, tho' you can think
Lure=Rhine, Stork=Elbe, if you like.  The world of Chalion does not seem
to have an Italian peninsula nor a former Roman empire as such,
however.  Maybe Carthage was an island that sank, who knows?  Every
fantasy world needs an Atlantis...

The city plan of Easthome is loosely based on Zageb's, because I am
parsimonious.

Ta, L.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.