[LMB] Book club questions (moving OT:) Heinlein

Michael R N Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:12:30 -0000

> From: Jessy Brody <jessybrody at gmail.com>
> Date: 03 March 2005 09:10
>
> The one Heinlein that I've ever finished - and which I enjoyed and
[...]
> Anyway, if I liked Starship Troopers, but didn't like Farnham's
> Freehold (the first 25 pages or so, anyway), what else might I like?

Certainly you should try _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_ (revolution on
Luna) and _The Number of the Beast_ and _Have Spacesuit will Travel_ (a
YA).

I think tMiaHM is the very best that Heinlein wrote.

For a non Heinlein, how about Elizabeth Moon's Once a Hero (special LE
award for a space navy story that doesn't have a nasty Admiral in it) ?

Little Egret