[LMB] Re: OT: Ancient Light

Jean Lamb tlambs1138 at charter.net
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:35:18 -0800

From: "Tracy MacShane" <billie_t at fastmail.fm>
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:36:00 -0800, "Jean Lamb" <tlambs1138 at charter.net>
Oh, I'm GLAD I'm not the only one who was vastly annoyed by Ancient
Light, especially since Golden Witchbreed was so good. I liked Orcs too
- cos I'm sick - but couldn't get into Rats and Gargoyles. It'd be
interesting to hear your thoughts on Sundial (ie. non-miserable ending?)

--I found _Rats and Gargoyles_ utterly fascinating myself--all those bizarre
societies co-existing with each other, with satin and silk curiously cheap.
I adored Lord-Architect Causabon, and his idea of the artillery garden.
Given today's contemporary art, I'm surprised no one's done it for real (we
shall pass gently o'er past, present and future politics at this point,
despite the tremendous temptation to point out just how _pretty_ certain
explosives are).

Jean Lamb, tlambs1138 at charter.net
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for you are crunchy and good with
lemon drops."