[LMB] OT: AKICOTL: Greek

POUNCER altpouncer at yahoo.com
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 03:58:03 -0800 (PST)

Archimedes ran naked and dripping wet down the street
yelling "Eureka, Eureka! " meaning "I've got it, I've got
it."  (His neighbors no doubt thought, "He's lost it.")

That's an Asimov bit.

But what Asimov did NOT provide was the Greek for "He's
lost it."

I have opportunity to use such an expression from time to
time.

Help please?

While we're at it -- are there any other famous Greek or
Latin expressions that need antonyms?  Like "Cavet Emptor"
or however it goes -- don't we need an expression wishing
the market good luck?  That sort of thing ...

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!