[LMB] Re: What's New OT:

Robert Parks rparks at lvhot.org
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:07:04 -0800

? wrote:
>>> We hates the nasty yellow orb that makes us wear our
>>> sunglasses we does, we hates it.

Robert A. Woodward:

Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
> More to the point: (a) when the fuel supply runs low this
> model reactor will explode;

Isn't that the heavy duty models? This model usually doesn't
explode, although there are a number of side effects from running
the fuel to exhaustion. Users may note that this situation is
probably not their problem, being ~10E17 seconds away.

> (b) it can't be refuelled

True, but the unattended run time is on the order of 3 x 10E17
seconds in main mode, followed by some multiple of this timespan
in energy saver mode. Warning: the mode change is auto-initiated
and users are advised to stay a safe distance away due to sudden
and drastic changes in operating parameters.

Robert
do you know any other fusion generator you can start by "blowing"
on "dusty" space?