[LMB] OT: Home Ec

Azalais Malfoy tiamat at tsoft.com
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:20:22 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, MegJ wrote:

> Marna:
> > It's only proper Fairy Pudding if you use the potato chips.
>
> It's only proper tuna casserole if you use potato chips, too.  Although I
> don't care for them so back when I used to make it, I left them off.

Hmmm, there's really no such thing as 'proper' tuna casserole.

I just finished off a tuna casserole that consisted of: one egg
beaten into a cup of milk poured over a layer of spiral tricolour
pasta, followed with a layer of grated cheddar, followed with a
layer of grated parmesan, followed with a layer of tuna.  I
repeated that process and then covered the top with panko
(Japanese bread crumbs) and dots of butter, and it was a very
*nice* tuna casserole, if not as gooshy as the ones made with
soup.  I have also made tuna casserole using white sauce instead
of soup, or box mac and cheese.  I'm not so fond of peas so I
tend to put green beans and butter beans in mine.

I've never had anyone who didn't hate tuna or tuna casseroles
specifically complain of my tuna casseroles.  Some people just
hate tuna.  I can live with that.  I don't try to force people to
try newfangled ways to eat things they hate, because I can't
stand it when people do that to me.

(NB:  I drank eleven pineapple daiquiris on a bet when I was 15
and stupid.  There is nothing you can do to pineapple that will
make it not taste like vomit to me.  I mean that.)

~malfoy :)