[LMB] OT: Home Ec

Padget, Scott R scott.r.padget at boeing.com
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:44:17 -0600

I hit "send" prematurely, it seems.

Elizabeth Holden revealed a couple gems of Sekrit Cooking Lore:
> you don't try to whip warm cream but
> egg whites should be at room temperature for a
> souffle.

I didn't know either of these.  I've always whipped my cream cold,
but that's a happy accident resulting from the fact that it lives
in the refrigerator.  And I've never tried a souffle--I've heard
enough horror stories about them that I've always stuck with omelets.

Thank you!

Pilot Padget--who still thinks "whipping" cream is a lot easier to
understand than "folding" an egg, even if harder to do correctly