[LMB] Re: book covers

J Selin harimad2001 at yahoo.com
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:42:24 -0800 (PST)

Paula G wrote:
Looking over some of Lois' books' covers, I have to wonder, what book
 did the illustrator read? Because it can't have been the one I read.
 And then there's ones like PoS, which struck me as just so perfect.

Harimad:
The second (?) cover of Barrayar was perfect.  A man's hand holding a
sword, with a woman's hand wrapped around his.

Let's not talk about the other cover, the blond, pants-wearing woman
wielding a sword, apparently protecting a healthy baby in a uterine
replicator, aboard the Starship Enterprise.

But to make that look good, there's the original cover of Warrior's
Apprentice.

I think CoC cover is excellent.  (Except for the niggly little detail
of the two riders galloping their horses off a cliff.)

Harimad