[LMB] Re: OT: it's called synesthesia

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 12:17:00 BST 2006

Synesthesia is nice.
On 4/7/06, Rowena <morgaine at zonnet.nl> wrote:

> Does anyone want to swap brains for a while. I'd so love normal brains.
> (does anyone qualify?????)

I don't qualify. Can hardly be called normal :)

but it might feel more relaxing. I rather hallucinate sanity than despair.
> Asking for truth is nothing but trouble

I would agree with that choice. Actually, when i did realize it _was_ a
choice, not something somebody else did to me, my fits of depression have
gone so small, short, and light, that they cannot be classified as
ful-fledged melancholy even...  One thing that really helped me was thinking
- oh. In five years these great problem will seem ridiculous, just as my
problems five years ago seem ridiculous now.
It's not a self-help philosophy in any way... but it helped me pull through
until I started noticing the good things around me too. A lot later there
was Pollyanna, and I still think this is the greatest anti-depressant I have
ever encountered. Well, I had been going on chocolate before that, so I
don't have much experience with those, but... Pollyanna seems better than
any medicine.

As I don't think it's plausible to swap brains, I once again wish you a
speedy recovery. Well, I know it doesn't happen overnight - only I found
that one morning I woke up and it wasn't despair any longer - I just enjoyed
the prospect of a new day! :)
Kalina
--
You have two hands. One to help yourself and one to help others.