[LMB] OT: Wine And Diabetes

quietann quietann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:22:38 BST 2006

Type 1 diabetic for 30 years, here.  I actually feel for the Type 2s,
because it's much harder to adjust to in adulthood.  I have been on an
insulin pump for almost 9 years, and it's been a g-dsend.

I am not a "great" diabetic by any means, but a "good enough" one.  I do
drink wine (dry wine only, and one glass at a time), eat sweets in
moderation, etc. So far, so good on the complications front; my
opthalmologist still has a hard time believing that I am diabetic, given
that my retinas are *perfect*.

quietann at gmail.com

aka "The Accidental Jewess"