[LMB] OT: AKICOL cream question

Katrina Allis k.m.allis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 02:50:45 BST 2006

Hi

My flatmates have decided that the perfect thing for me to break my Lentan
fast in which I gave up all chocolate and nearly all processed sweets
(baking did not count, except for chocolate baking) is a decidedly rich
chocolate cake which has no flour and much chocolate in.

The recipe book also uses the terms double cream and creme fraiche, one of
which is used in the recipe, depending on which recipe they go for.  I was
wondering if someone could define the terms for me with reference to
standard creams and sour creams which one can buy in any average New Zealand
supermarket.

Katrina

--
To err is human.  To really screw things up requires a computer.

Prayer, he suspected as he hoisted himself up and turned for the door, was
putting one foot in front of the other.  Moving all the same.
Lois McMaster Bujold, _Curse of Chalion_