[LMB] Zaftig pulchritude OT:

Mark Allums mallums at tyler.net
Wed Apr 19 13:15:26 BST 2006

Meanwhile, Helen Hancox wrote:

 >> The question is, did the word come up in Lois's Alphabet Soup that
 >> morning, or does she trawl dictionary.com for random phrases... Or
 >> was it a challenge, like Mark Allums', to get a specific phrase in
 >> print?
 >
 > Mark Allums replied:
 >> Wasn't *my* challenge (unless you're thinking about Scrabble).
 >
 > Good point, sorry about that - my memory is very poor.
 >
 > Still, I'm interested in your mystery scrabble word.

To which I must reply:

I am sorry, but I have misled you.  The satisfying Scrabble word is, in
fact, "zaftig".  The mystery phrase is something else.  I was not clear
in my original post.

Also, I'm afraid that the "phrase-of-the-week" is actually fairly
mundane and not worth your time.  If you get the IFC channel on
satellite or cable, you can watch the Henry Rollins show and hear plenty
of notable phrases, some of which are obscene.  I don't particularly
agree with his politics, but his guests are sometimes interesting.  I
watch mainly for his musical guests, which are chosen, I think, for
their politics, but are usually interesting.  Enough.  H.R. doesn't need
the plug.

--Mark Allums, trying to work the phrase "bees knees" into conversation
today.