[LMB] OT: Ravenclaw

PAT MATHEWS mathews55 at msn.com
Wed Apr 19 14:16:56 BST 2006

>From: Raye Johnsen <raye_j at yahoo.com>
>
>Earth, Fire, Air, Water; Duty, Courage, Wisdom,
>Honour; Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin.
>It just... resounds within oneself.
>
>I believe it was Malfoy who once summed up the
>attitudes and differences of the Four Houses very
>succinctly, in a way that I've never seen improved on:
>
>"Ravenclaws will look at the rock blocking the path,
>wonder why it's there, and sit down and begin to
>meditate on the obstacle and ways around it.
>Slytherins will actually *find* a path around the
>rock, and take it.  Gryffindors will demand an
>explanation and go looking for one, without continuing
>on the path.  Hufflepuffs will move the rock."

LOL - If the place is on fire, the Ravenclaws will be busy making plans to
improve the fire safety system while the other houses will be putting out
the fire.

>I used to think Miles was a Dark Ravenclaw, but he
>really is far too Slytherin for me to think of him as
>anything else.

Oh, Miles is a Slytherin, all right.

  Gregor is either a Hufflepuff or a
>Ravenclaw; personally I think Hufflepuff, and so is
>Simon Illyan.

No, never. They are both so Ravenclaw it hurts.

Ekaterin can't be anything else.
>Cordelia is Ravenclaw to her fingernails, but I truly
>think Mark is a Gryffindor.  But so is Kareen, so
>that's cool.

Mark has his crusade, all right, but it's personally based, which is very
Slytherin. They're apparently great ones for revenge. Kareen? Good question.
They both have a very good business sense, which is more common among Puffs
ans Slyths (different approach, of course!)

Aral is Slytherin, and so too is Alys, I
>think.

Alys is a Hufflepuff. She is essentially Gregor's Gatekeeper (on the social
front), a very Puff preoccupation, and she always and forever knows what the
Done Thing is.

>Dono is a Gryffindor born to a family of particularly
>nasty Slytherins and thus has turned out a little less
>reckless than most Gryffs, IMHO.  I'm not sure if
>Olivia is a quiet Gryff or a reckless Hufflepuff, but
>I vote Gryffindor.
>
>It's like how we all know which of the Five Gods we
>belong to, really.  Think about it.  You know who you
>are.
>
>Raye, so Ravenclaw it hurts and the Sister's
>none-too-willing dedicat

Pat, one of the excessively Ravenclaw, if not excessively bright, and
decidedly a dedicat of the Sister.

http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/