[LMB] Zaftig pulchritude

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 19 17:19:42 BST 2006

Then Dawn wrote:

>Actually zaftig is German for juicy as in Orangensaft = orange juice.  To me
>it always signifies plump and juicy like a peach.

Hmmm.  That's not what my grandmother said, but possibly she was dissembling.  On both sides of my family, Yiddish was the language that my grandparents spoke when they didn't want their more-assilimated children to understand what they were saying.

Any road: these are not mutually exclusive, are they?  <smile>  And connotation is nice, not nasty.

Susan Fox / Ma Foxti
selene at earthlink.net