[LMB] OT: Ravenclaw

B. Ross Ashley redlion at sff.net
Wed Apr 19 19:51:53 BST 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:31:19 +0300, "Kalina Varbanova" <kikibug13 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 4/19/06, CatMtn at aol.com <CatMtn at aol.com> wrote:

>> How do you feel about _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_?  I think it  would
>> qualify.
>

> I think so too. I haven't been in a real revolution (being off 60 km and
> across the Danube when the Chaushesku regime was brought down doesn't really
> count!) but I think it was very well researched... it made sense. To me. And
> the political overplay was just marvelous!
> Kalina

Well. Apart from the Ceaucescu overthrow being a counter-revolution (against an admittedly profoundly corrupt and Stalinist state), TMIAHM is so darned unrealistic it should not count, really ... I mean, Mike the sentient computer? Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

The best one I can think of, really, is the one in Ankh-Morpork when the lilacs were blooming. See _Night Watch_. It's lovely.
--
You have two hands. One to help yourself and one to help others.

--
B. Ross Ashley
http://www.brashley46.livejournal.com