OT: Rowling and Writing Craft issues (was Re: [LMB] OT: Ravenclaw

Helen Hancox helen at hancox.org.uk
Thu Apr 20 11:43:00 BST 2006

I have to say I'm really struggling to get through the Half Blood Prince. If
it weren't a "Harry Potter" book, thus überhyped etc, I wouldn't bother. I
have it as an audiobook, all 17 CDs of it, and I've made it to disk 11.
Someone tell me that it gets better after this.

The Order of the Phoenix annoyed me as Harry KEPT SHOUTING IN CAPITAL LETTERS
AND WAS A STROPPY BRAT. Probably realistic, but still annoying. As the books
have got longer they've got harder work, IMO.

Auntie Helen