[LMB] Re: OT: Rowling and audiobooks

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 12:05:55 BST 2006

On 4/20/06, Helen Hancox <helen at hancox.org.uk> wrote:

> Ah, but I can't read a hardback book whilst driving (at least, I'm not
> supposed to).

True. It shows that I am not driving. And my spare time from work is
precious.

Plus audiobooks can be good as they help you to slow down and REALLY
> appreciate the book. I tend to read 'real' books way too fast.

Well. If I find I like it, I can read it again. If I find I don't - why lose
17 (or probably more than 22 hours) when I can read it in - altogether -
six, and then make up my mind...

On another note, iTunes has The Curse of Chalion and Paladin Of Souls, plus
> The Vor Game as audiobooks (although I'm not too thrilled by the narrator of
> the Chalion/Paladin books, somewhat a dreary voice from the samples). I've
> seen people mention other audiobook versions of the Vorkosigan stuff -
> anyone know if these are available in England?

Mmm. Perhaps. I'd rather play music and read the book itself. Personal
preference :) Trying to pay attention to somebody reading to me tends to
exhaust me, and I tend to lose portions of the information too. If it's long
and I get distracted. But I might give a try to audiobooks, if I have a
chance :)
Kalina
--
You have two hands. One to help yourself and one to help others.