[LMB] OT: Ravenclaw (and revolutions)

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 18:16:24 BST 2006

On 4/20/06, Azalais Aranxta <tiamat at tsoft.com> wrote:

> I actually really don't get sexually jealous.  I don't.  I have been known
> to get freakily jealous over my best friends seeming to not have time for
> me, but jealous because my sexual partner has another sexual partner?

Same here. I was not jealous over sex. I was very jealous over our spending
virtually no time together and his finding excuses not to spend time with
me. Didn't help. Had to find another way out :)

However, the reason I am not polyamorous, religious considerations aside, is
> because being involved with more people, who are also involved with other
> people, results in a lot more having-to-negotiate-things and having people
> up in your business than even being married did.

Yep, that sounds terrible. I also prefer straightforward things. I could
make exceptions if they would not complicate matters and not hurt others.

And I wanted to crawl under the bed and hide like a cat.

Sorry.

I understand why someone else's partner might want to talk to me about my
> relationship with them, but I hate those kinds of discussions.  My feelings
> are my own business, and while I understand why people feel they need to
> know them, they are often deep and very hard to articulate and people who
> approach this problem with the emotional equivalent of lobster picks tend to
> get burned bad by me.

Good for you. When I want somebody to know my feelings - I initiate the
conversation. So help me God :-)

Heinlein, and MZB, who were among my teenage idols, did a great job of
> interesting me in sexual freedom without warning me of the pitfalls.  I
> suppose they didn't know, either.

LOL. Well, they may have thought it was not a good book stuff. :)
Kalina
--
You have two hands. One to help yourself and one to help others.