[LMB] OT: Fandom Migrations

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Thu Apr 20 20:48:33 BST 2006

--- Nora Bombay <nbombay at mindspring.com> wrote, re
SGA:

> You either fall in love with a character or you hate
> them all.

Not *quite* my reaction; I liked one character very
much, maybe two - and disliked all the rest.

> But the power of Rodney Mckay, whiny super genius
> will convert a lot of people.

I think he drove me away. I think it's a case where...
you either see it or you don't.

> and between ancient tech and
> space vampires, anything can happen.

The space vampires were the other thing that drove me
away. I just couldn't handle it.  That and, well,
other things.

Malfoy:
> >Also?  Pellew won't let me write anything that I
> > didn't start before Age of Sail that he's not in.

Ah - now, *that* problem, I can understand.

> I mean, Commander Skinner is running
> around all the time,

Who's he?

Back to Nora:
> and Miles O'Brien was the head
> of the Amish Space Nazi's for two seasons. No reason
> not to send in Pellew.

No wonder some fandoms confuse me.

> But don't mind me. I'm notoriously un getting of the
> whole age of sail. A much bigger fan of the
> post-indoor plumbing fandoms.

Ah, a woman who knows what she likes.  Myself, I tend
to think indoor plumbing was the beginning of the end,
but I can't prove it.

> >Take it up with Lord Exmouth, have fun with that :)
>
> Actually, I would. Should I remember who Lord
> Exmouth is. Which I don't.

Captain Sir Edward Pellew, after 1815

> NB. Who's main Stargate issue is remembering what
> exactly happened in cannon. And avoiding giggling
> every time she passes the name plate of her
> co-worker named "Chaya".

Soetimes I wish I  understood comments like this.
Other times, I think it's just as well I don't.

namaste,
Elizabeth