[LMB] OT: Surfer Dudes And Grizzly Bears

PAT MATHEWS mathews55 at msn.com
Fri Apr 21 14:55:47 BST 2006

>From: "Alfred Kelgarries" <alfredkelgarries at hotmail.com>
>>>
>>>  Haven't yet noticed the packs of females go hunting while the males
>>>sunned themselves. Not to self: must re-read the Fountainhead looking for
>>>this.
>
>And this brings on a *really awful* mental image involving surfer dudes in
>southern california and packs of bikini-clad females attacking nearby fast
>food joints....no, it's too early for that sort of image..

Snicker, chortle, roar with laughter - my brother lives in La Jolla, CA.

>I always viewed Rand's characters as climax omnivores, like grizzly bears.
>Self-sufficient, polite, until you get in their way. Then, no dominance
>games or fight or flight reflex; they gut you, defecate on the remains, and
>move on. (

Oh, NICE analogy and image! I'll remember that!

I admit I read them in my early 20's,
>back when she was writing them on papyrus...)

And what year wa that, if I may ask? I read them back in the mid-Sixtes,
when our personal computers were about a foot long, made of wood, with
log-log scales etched on.

Pat