[LMB] OT: Moldy Oldies

Alfred Kelgarries alfredkelgarries at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 21 15:04:31 BST 2006

>And what year wa that, if I may ask? I read them back in the mid-Sixtes,
>when our personal computers were about a foot long, made of wood, with
>log-log scales etched on.

I'm not willing to admit just how long ago that was (blushes), but let's
just say I wrote my first computer program by connecting wires on a
motherboard. In grad school, I got to move up to *punch cards*! Yay (NOT!)

And it is a sign of the mental rot us old people undergo that it took me two
reads to realize what you were referring to as a PC, made of wood, with log
hash marks on them! (Oldie Test: Can anyone else on the list guess what sort
of PC she's referring to?)

Alfred Kelgarries
"War is the art of lying to your enemies better than they can lie to you."
Sun Tzu, modern version
alfredkelgarries at gmail.com -- alternate email for personal mail if needed