[LMB] OT: Moldy Oldies

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 15:33:03 BST 2006

On 4/21/06, Croft, Janet B. <jbcroft at ou.edu> wrote:

> Alfred asks: And it is a sign of the mental rot us old people undergo that
> it took me two reads to realize what you were referring to as a PC, made of
> wood, with log hash marks on them! (Oldie Test: Can anyone else on the list
> guess what sort of PC she's referring to?)
>
> Seeing as how my husband collects them and has a four-foot teaching
> specimen on the wall, yes...but I'm also old enough to have used one. Though
> mine was plastic and round.

Am silent on the topic (as a spring bunny). I just thought that you may find
it funny (as I did) that while this discussion is going on here, one of my
colleagues noted (derisively) that somebody, trying to boast what a hacker
he was, claimed the great achievement of ... connecting to the Internet all
the way back in ... 1997!
Kalina
--
You have two hands. One to help yourself and one to help others.