[LMB] OT: Shoulder high purring mountain kitties

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Mon Apr 24 03:58:22 BST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <CatMtn at aol.com>

> The bobcat I was acquainted with was very tame--he tried to sit on my lap
> (didn't fit, had to drape over me instead), and put his paws on my
shoulders
> when I was sitting in the yard to touch noses with me.  In  fact, he was a
lot
> gentler than many house cats I know.  His paws were  about the size of my
> fists, and I don't have dainty little hands.

There are some theories that claim people didn't tame dogs and cats, dogs
and cats tamed people.... there was food for dogs and cats around people,
and the closer they hung around near people and got them to cooperate, the
easier life was for the dogs and cats... domestic dogs and cats have longer,
healthier lifespans, and an easier time of it, that their relatives which
aren't catered to by people.