[LMB] OT: Moldy TCP/IP

Scott Raun sraun at fireopal.org
Thu Apr 27 14:48:41 BST 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:29:08PM -0500, Alfred Kelgarries wrote:
> WordStar, although of course the WYSIWYG* GUI aspect is nicer,
> particularly for publishing...

  <snip>

> *Anyone remember what this acronym stood for (and NO CHEATING with
> Wikipedia, either!)

What You See Is What You Get

although my publishing geek friends claim that they're all really

WYSIAWYG

adding the word Almost.  I remember the time I asked one of them to
prove it - they did.  It was really quite amazing.  It's better now
than it was - some of the original WYSIWYG could actually change the
number of words on a line between display and printer if you were
really unlucky.  And I remember the hassles between using CGTimes and
Times New Roman - _that_ was a joy!

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org