[LMB] OT Perfect Word

Sherry German sjgerman at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 27 17:28:22 BST 2006

All these ancient computer stories has caused me to recall my first computer.  We had a 128 clone of some sort, using Perfect Word and we ( my secretary and I) thought we were in Heaven.  It was just so wonderful after the previous summer doing a 48 page appeals brief on a typewriter and carbon paper( the court didn't allow photocopies).  This was in 1981and computers in law offices were just starting to crop up.  Now when my computer, fax, scanner, email, cell phone, or other toys malfunction, I just remember that carbon paper and that 48 page brief and realize how lucky I am to be beyond that.
Sherry, bemused in Houston