[LMB] Re: OT: HELP! I need a good recipe for beef pie!

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 00:23:00 BST 2006

Okay, let me explain the situation.

I have the pokiest little kitchenette you can imagine.
 But I'm resourceful and I can make almost anything in
it.  It's a cooperative little kitchenette.  Likes
cooks.  However, the two things I can't do in it are
roast and bake.

The recent pie thread left me hankering for pies.
Which hankering was left unsatisfied, until I
remembered I'd arranged to visit a friend who has a
full sized oven and so can bake stuff.  I cleared the
pie baking with said friend, who had only one
condition - he got to eat the pie too.  Fair trade, I
feel, but he specified he wanted beef over pork.  (As
I said, very boring tastebuds.)

So yes, we're talking Real Pies here (I don't consider
a stew with a pastry lid a Real Pie).  And I am a
practiced and competent cook, so don't worry about
'easy' recipes.  My value of 'easy' is 'doesn't
require three separate ovens and pans only available
in catering stores'.

Raye

raye_j at yahoo.com
livejournal: http://windtear.livejournal.com
http://www.thejohnsens.com/index.html

"It 'went away'?  'I dwell in darkness without you'
and it WENT AWAY?"
  -- Sorcha, 'Willow'