[LMB] breakdowns OT: was The ComConsole Draws Nearear...

Marna Nightingale marna at marna.ca
Sat Apr 29 00:07:13 BST 2006

Phil Boswell wrote:
> ... the recovery driver
> was livid when he discovered that she has special needs, we should
> have been a priority and picked up within 20 minutes!

Grah. On behalf of all "this is roadside, how can I help you" types
everywhere, I grovel.

It happens that we drop one, we really do minimise it as much as we can,
and that doesn't help one bit when it's you.

I'd have punted that call to the cops, in Canada. Admittedly, that might
have meant having you pay and be reimbursed, but you'd have had a truck
and any other help you needed in 15 minutes.

I should write up a 'how to get the best possible roadside assistance'
thingummy and post it on lj, sometime.

I mean, in your case it seems to have been the call centre, but I can't
tell you how many times I've sat around PRAYING someone in a tight spot
would call me back and so I could find out where they REALLY were, as
opposed to where they THOUGHT they were.

Marna.