[LMB] SP: TSK:Beguilement Chapter 8

Tzivia Adler tadler at yeshivanet.com
Fri Dec 8 00:11:10 GMT 2006

From: "Victoria L'Ecuyer" <vlecuyer at ksu.edu>
> Chapter 8

> More warnings from Petti. Death demonstration by Dag when he kills the mud
> man. The Farmers are even more uncomfortable where Dag is concerned.
the former wolf is trying to kill a sheep by biting its neck, as a wolf
would.  its teeth and jaw are the wrong shape, though.  when the sheep
throws it off it falls as if its arms and legs are also the wrong shape.
this scene reminds me very strongly of the terry pratchett book 'witches
abroad' where someone has started the 'red riding hood' story.  a wolf
thinks its a person, adn also can't function.

[side note: i read that part of the book bec my sister was reading it.  so,
how many people re-read random bits of good books bec 'thats where the
book-mark was' when you pick up someone else's book?  and stop reading bec
the indignant book-mark leaver came back to find their book is occupied!]

tad:  a mud-man is worrying the sheep!
dag: worried?  i'd say the sheep are downright appalled!
me:  *snicker*
dag:  jump me, wolfy, and spare me the sweat of chasing you.

when its dead, the farmers won't get to close.  they poke it 'at tool-handle
distance' which took me a moment to unravel.  apparetnly they don't want to
touch it directly.  a nice line.

dag wipes the knife off on the grass, then on the horse's side.  huh?  i
didn't think a horse would stand for the smell of that messy knife
transfered onto its own skin.  and dag thinks of just getting on the horse
and leaving -though not w/o fawn.

ma petti:  take care of yourself, girl
fawn: dag will look after me!
ma petti:  surrrrrre he will.  here's bread and jam.  and you think about
what i said, patroller.  or just think!
dag:  *keeps his mouth shut*

> Dag and Fawn decamp early for a little bit of  "sex ed" on horseback and
> mutual arousal they do nothing about.
dag: *how much -could- this girl not know?  quite a lot...
i really wonder what lakewalker big sisters tell thier little sisters in teh
equivilant of locker-room gossip, and how much information and
misinformation is passed around.
and i wonder just -what- other things one should not try on a horse?  even
if remembering -doesn't help-. *hahahaha - falls off chair.  gets back up
adn starts typing again*

dag *might have to go into the woods to answer a call of nature* tho not
quite what that usually means.
fawn: your eyes change colors with the light. (and with what he's thinking,
but she doesn't know that ... )

there's just one horse.  fawn sits on dag's lap.  very comfy...
fawn bumps into dag jsut so, and he jerks back off hte horse.  she lands on
top of him.  (hmmmm.)  dag worries that she hurt herself falling.  fawn
worries that dag will use the same bad word that stupid sunny used at her.
they get back on the horse very chastely. with fawn in back this time.

fawn:  he's pretty old, and might be married, but at least he -tells- me
things!
me:  there's a good reason for falling in love, considering everyone else
who is supposed to love her calls her stupid, and won't tell her things, and
then blames her for ignorantly getting into trouble.

glassforge.  at last.

ziviya

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.