[LMB] OT: Slash

quietann quietann at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 17:23:55 GMT 2006

On 12/12/06, Azalais Aranxta <tiamat at tsoft.com> wrote:

> I am very, very very tired of hearing from straight, monogamous
> men that they are bothered/disturbed/whatever by slash.  VERY
> tired.

Yes.  Thank you.

It isn't written for you, any more than various kinds of
> pornography many women find offensive were written for me, and
> frankly, hearing straight guys go on about slash in a tone which
> implies that their opinions have any bearing on the matter
> whatsoever smacks strongly of entitlement to me.

Yes.  Men who think they should determine what women can have in their sex
lives are a turn-off.  HUGE turn-off.  It's not their business.

Furthermore, to the best of my knowledge...

-- No one gets exploited by slash.
-- No one gets s*xually-transmitted diseases from slash (and in a lot of
what's out there, writing condoms/lube into the s*x scenes is expected.)
-- No one ends up on drugs because that's the only way they can cope from
slash.  (says the woman who knows several ex-strippers who got out because
they saw that anyone who stayed with it ended up on drugs...)
-- No woman is going to expect her real-life partner to look/behave just
like the men in the slash she writes/reads.

I could go on, but I think that's enough.

quietann at gmail.com

aka "The Accidental Jewess"