[LMB] Re: SP: TSK speculations

Sylvus Tarn sylvus at rejiquar.com
Wed Dec 13 01:39:22 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 17:34 -0600, Victoria L'Ecuyer wrote:
> I'm of the opinion that the Wide Green World is a post-apocolyptic
> version of itself. (and that plays into my Theory.) I think the
> resemblance to physical landscapes is because random bits of
> creativity gossiped madly with various and sundry muses. i.e. "Right."
> Taps Lois on the shoulder. "We've decided you're to write about
> _this_."

I figure I'm going to have to drop the list fairly soon:  once the
galleys for book 2 start going around.  Bummer cuz I really enjoy the
discussions, but it's obviously to me that some of you are *much* better
at following the clue-trains than I, and you're gonna figure out so much
of the second book that I won't get surprised.  I know there's at least
one major clue in which Dag realizes Fawn is `dangerously close' to
lakewalker secrets, and he changes the subject---so skillfully done that
I still don't recall offhand where that scene is in the book; and I
promptly forgot about it the first couple of times I read it.

But I don't think I can ignore the SP: for six months.   Just barely
managed this time around, for, what three? between the time ARCs went
around and the hc came out.  Or I could sign up for the galleys, I
suppose...just afraid I wouldn't turn it around quick enough, though at
least I do have the excuse of 3 bujold readers in the household.

Drat eos anyway, for splitting the story into 2 like that...

sylvus tarn
http://rejiquar.com