[LMB] Re: Slash'n'Anime'n'Romance

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Wed Dec 13 20:25:47 GMT 2006

In a message dated 12/12/2006 10:00:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
quietann at gmail.com writes:

I've  also seen real backlashes develop against authors who try to take  legal
action against people writing fic based on their works.  e.g.  Anne Rice
(though some of that is just because she and her books have  gotten really
weird, and not in a good way...)

M:

Didn't MZB go through something like that about allowing others to write in
her Darkover universe?  Or was it someone else?  I recall some author  whose
books I read who had trouble with copyrights or something, but I  didn't pay
much attention at the time and the memory is pretty vague.

Mary