[LMB] Re: Slash'n'Anime'n'Romance and philosophies of perception

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Thu Dec 14 02:54:25 GMT 2006

--- Laura Gallagher <celticdragonfly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Although it gets me with conflicted mental images on
> the meanings of the word "realistic" - and
> the realization that I'm inconsistent in
> that myself.

I point of fact, I consider 'a sense of reality' (a
term I prefer to the more ambiguous 'realism') to be
an important core item in my personal philosophy. It
has to do with yogic notions of "maya" (the external,
illusory world) and the internal world of my own
perceptions.  It has to do with seeing things, as best
I can, as they *are*, not as other people tell me they
are.

Funny how much difference there is sometimes.  So I
think: "Am I crazy, or you?" and do my best to see
clearly, and usually continue with my own perceptions,
not those of others.

Which is the kind of 'honest vision' I was talking
about in writing, only applied her not to creating
fiction, but in life-construction.

> One of the great joys of my life is being
> married to a man who,
> once he was introduced to it, loves Georgette Heyer.

Way to go!  Kudos! (Mind you, I've known a number of
men who liked Heyer. There's enough there to fit many
tastes.)

> Hm, I think perhaps I should stop reading email for
> the evening and go
> show him how much I appreciate him!

Lucky woman.

namaste,