[LMB] Re: Slash'n'Anime'n'Romance

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 07:17:08 GMT 2006

Marna Nightingale <marna at marna.ca> wrote:
> ASK FOR FRIGGING EVERYTHING YOU WANT. Yes, everything. Yes, even that.
>
> IOW, forget the limited menu of things that you (general you)
> automatically assume is all that's available given your own (looks,
> social class, education, financial position, reputation, family, damage
> level, etc etc etc), and start reading the whole menu instead.
>
> Then figure out what you want. Then check what you've got and figure out
> how to get it. And then go after it baldheaded till either you make it
> happen or you decide that it's real cost is more than it's worth to you.

Hmm. Reminds me suspiciously of "Aim high. You may miss your target,
but at least you won't shoot your own foot." (I'm not sure the quote
is 100% verbatim)

> Me, myself, I used to have 'realistic' expectations when it came to choosing friends and partners.
> Now I have extremely high ones, and just look where it's gotten me. :)

I can't look (not meant as a question, just a statement), but
currently the aftermath of a finished relationship has led me to the
conclusion that I have to have extremely high
expectations/requirements, or else I just... compromise myself into
insensibility. I _deserve_ the best, because I give the best, right?

Greetings:
Kalina
--
Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.