[LMB] AKICOTL: Windows mice OT:

Azalais Aranxta tiamat at tsoft.com
Thu Dec 14 21:05:33 GMT 2006

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Marna Nightingale wrote:

> Silly mac user that I am, I should know this.
>
> If a windows user has a) a two button mouse and b) no right-click
> capacity, what are the possible problems and solutions?

Go to Settings, Control Panel, Mouse.  Check to see if she has
both buttons configured.  In Windows, it's possible to change the
configuration of the mouse buttons to do different things.  In
Windows, it is also occasionally possible to change important
settings completely by accident.  This is one of the annoying
things about Windows.  I had keyboard problems for ages until I
finally understood that my system language is set to English-UK
but my keyboard is set to US because that's how I learned to type
120 wpm, and that my system would keep trying to make them match
until I told it I meant to do that.  I also like to play with my
shift key, so I had to tell Windows to turn off the accessibility
options that are activated that way.

So it would be a good idea for her to make sure she has both
buttons turned on and set to do what she wants them to do.

~malfoy :)