[LMB] listbiz, was Pizza Call (was OT: Slash)

H R Stockert the.avatar at att.net
Fri Dec 15 01:46:35 GMT 2006

At 08:38 PM 12/14/2006, you wrote:

>--- Meg Justus <megj at nwlink.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not good at defending myself on this list, as I
> > have proved over and
> > over and over to myself, so you effectively shut me
> > up with it.
>
>One aspect of this problem is that everyone has
>different levels of discourse. Some people are
>diffident about posting *at all*, regardless of
>whether there are contentious issues.  I like to
>encourage these people to post, if and when I can find
>a way. But I understand their reticence.

Perhaps it's simply a matter of intent.  Someone pointed earlier to
the fact that there will always be *content* that offends.

There will always be the temptation to TAKE offense where none is
clearly meant.

So, perhaps it's just a matter for civilized lists to make it a rule
not to take public offense where it cannot be conclusively
demonstrated that offense was *intended*.

I am the root of evil.  Send me your money.

 From the Realized but UnRecognized Eschaton
@ 43"39'67.29 N 73"23'18.52 W