[LMB] OT: Totally off the wall digression

rizwana z riz_lists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 15:55:13 GMT 2006

Elizabeth Holden <azurite at rogers.com> wrote:
>On the other hand, it's not that much different from
>Buffy in terms of what it will show. I started out
>thinking that Torchwood would be kind of like X-Files,
>but really, it's more like Buffy - or Batman.

>Of course, *I* think it's terrific.

I never got into Torchwood - I watched a few episodes but I think theres no chemistry at all between any of  the characters and it always seems like theres something missing but the stories themselves are good . And I always think Barrowman works best as a support character - I dont think hes got the charisma or acting talent to do much more (yes many people disagree with me on this one) Yeah like yourself I thought it was going to be X-files-y but it does seems more Buffy like but without the consistency! Its like its trying too hard to be 'grown up' adult tv and hasnt quite got there.  Maybe Ill like the next series better??

  rizzz