[LMB] open vs. wooded ground

Mary Piero Carey mcarey at starklibrary.org
Sat Dec 16 20:39:26 GMT 2006

 Victoria said: I see the landscape as mostly open with woods in the
hard-to-farm or build
<places. Could the landscape really be mostly woods with open spaces in
<the easy-to-farm-and-build areas? All this fighting and danger in the
<woods is starting to make me feel claustrophobic.

This is central Ohio.  This land WANTS trees.  Unless whatever holocaust
followed/caused the creation of malice(s) did something radical to the
land, climax forest is what it wants to grow in most places.  Sprinkled
with swamps, and even there, the trees are trying to grow.

Mary Piero Carey

Periodicals Department
Stark County District Library
715 Market Ave. N.
Canton, Ohio  44702-1018

(330)452-0665 x 5750

mcarey at starklibrary.org

We don't have issues... we have subscriptions.