[LMB] Re: gender and reading

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 18:00:55 GMT 2006

On 12/19/06, Azalais Aranxta <tiamat at tsoft.com> wrote:
> and the one thing that will routinely freak me out is
> being taken for a boy.  It hasn't happened to me since I was 13,
> but it's the reason I'll never cut my hair short and one of the
> many reasons I prefer skirts.

Heh. One of the strange things was that at some point I was really
fond of the idea of Unisex clothing/appearance (i.e., me to look
boyish). I think it has to do with the fact that it's a look that is
not problematic at all for my mom, if she makes the effort.

Only it didn't take me all that long to realize that even in plain
men's clothes, I look like a girl, and that's that. Right then I was
slightly disappointed, but since then I've sort of started liking the
idea.

I don't like cutting my hair very short either, though. Unless I have
to. I'm glad it's growing back :))

Kalina
--
Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons. (Ruth Ann Schabacker)