[LMB] Ivar was a Barrayaran Boy..

paal at gis.net paal at gis.net
Wed Dec 20 16:21:13 GMT 2006

[See, we CAN be on-topic, and sometimes even very much ARE!!!]

----- Original Message Follows -----
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, PAT MATHEWS wrote:
>
> > Sorry, Ivan. You're headed for history's dustbin.
> >
>      I think Ivan accepts that his lovelife is going to be a series
> of pleasant trainwrecks. If you really want to screw him over, make
> him emperor or if you don't want the body count that implies, have
> Gregor appoint him (I don't know the Barryarian term) Satrap of Komarr
> on the basis that Komarr is less likely to rise up under a king log
> like Ivan than a king stork like Miles or Mark.

I just thought of something else... Ivan being the recipient of a
package from Cetaganda... one doesn't have to be -married- to have
offspring,  and there was that precedent of the uterine replicators
delivered postage paid from Beta and its allies, to Barrayar...

[all rights assigned to Lois about the above...]